Hi, I’m B
Welcome to my scrapbook and my family album – my place to store memories, recipes and photographs.
I love to read about the everyday stuff of other people’s lives – the trivial things are often the most interesting. This blog is a tool to remind me to notice and capture the joy to be found in the small details.
I spend my time growing things; knitting (badly); eating and cooking good food; running on the trails; fussing dogs; rearing two little children and studying law. I am rather obsessed with Scandinavia, especially Denmark.
I love to travel but I also believe we are missing a trick if we only look outside for the wonder, so I put a lot of effort into finding it closer to home too.
- Radio 4 at my greenhouse potting bench;
- 85% dark chocolate;
- lingering dinners with plenty of wine;
- a pair of opaque black tights;
- daffodils in the spring;
- a snoozing dog on my lap;
- a scorching hot black coffee in a nice mug;
- cups of tea in bed.
- *2021 UPDATE* I wrote this list before I had children – these days I’d take a trip to the loo without any interruptions with gratitude!
I have always blogged and I love looking back. I hope you enjoy!